Greene County Sheriff Jack Williams says the Sheriff’s office and the Jefferson Fire Department responded to the fire just after 2pm at 1902 290th Street, west of Rippey. A combine caught fire and firefighters were able to extinguish the flames quickly to prevent the combine from being totaled.
No one was hurt in the incident and the suspected cause was an overheated bearing in the engine compartment. The incident happened on John Muir’s property and the combine is owned by Muir’s family. Crews were on scene for 90-minutes.