This past Saturday the ADM girls track and field team ended off their indoor track season as they took on the Central College meet in Pella.
It was a great send off to the indoor season for head coach Bart Mueller and the Lady Tigers behind 5 top twenty-one place finishes on the day. Three of those top finishes were earned from a monster day by Anna Kenny.
The talented sophomore started things out by taking a 7th overall finish in a 16 person field within the 60 meter dash after crossing the finish line with a time of 8.45 seconds. Kenny took the reigns for ADM in the 200 meter dash as well with a 10th place finish out of more than 190 runners with a time of 28.52 seconds. The event that Kenny paced even herself on during the day was in the 400 meter dash where she took home a phenomenal second place finish out of 104 runners with her time of 1:03.27.
Ellise Mueller had a strong day as well as she earned two top 21 place performances. It started off in the 800 meter run where the ADM junior took a 17th overall finish out of a 74 person field crossing the finish line at 2:47.02. Mueller kept up the progress with an even lengthier run taking 21st in the 1500 meter run with at time of 5:52.52, there was a total of 50 runners in that event.
A complete list of results for the Lady Tigers are as follows:
60 Meter Dash:
- Anna Kenny- 7th place (8.45 seconds)
200 Meter Dash:
- Anna Kenny- 10th (28.52 seconds)
- Olivia Perkins- 38th (30.38 seconds)
- Holland Zwank- 93rd (31.85 seconds)
- Grace Hatchitt- 114th (32.61 seconds)
- Abigail Calligan- 116th (32.67 seconds)
- Karly Dittert- 139th (33.78 seconds)
- Christina Chapman- 171st (36.28 seconds)
- Aikamush Acklebekova- 190th (42.69 seconds)
400 Meter Dash:
- Anna Kenny- 2nd (1:03.27)
- Mikayla Klein- 81st (1:17.52)
- Sydney Manning- 91st (1:21.85)
800 Meter Run:
- Ellise Mueller- 17th (2:47.02)
1500 Meter Run:
- Eillise Mueller- 21st (5:52.52)
4 x 200 Meter Relay
- Sydney Manning, Ellise Mueller, Abigail Calligan, Holland Zwank- 23rd (2:09.62)
- Mikayla Klein, Christina Chapman, Grace Hatchitt, Kaylyn Nordman- 39th (2:17.42)
The Lady Tigers will have exactly one full week from today to recover and get ready to take on the outdoor season in Earlham on the 27th as part of an 11 team field. The meet is set to begin at 4:45 pm.